Thursday, July 22, 2010

Spaghetti & Shrimp Arrabiata

This blog has definitely helped me notice a lot about the things I eat.  I've definitely noticed that the busier I am the less I eat and when I eat it's usually not in my home.  So every time I get the opportunity to make something, I try to take it.  This week, I decided to use Rao's Arrabiata Sauce that Ms. M gifted me last week.

I stir fried some fresh broccoli just added 1 tsp of olive oil and tossed it around the pan until broccoli was bright green and still a little bit crunchy.

As for the shrimp, I was excited to have 1/2 lb of fresh shrimp from the fish market.  I peeled and deveined then I tossed it with black and red pepper and a little bit of salt.  Then I threw it in a pan with 1 thinly sliced clove of garlic and tossed it until it turned pink.

Look at that color! Great right?  Next I added about 1/4 of the jar of Arrabiata.

I must say, considering it comes out of a jar, Rao's sauce is pretty fresh! I let the mixture simmer for a few minutes then poured it over a plate of spaghetti and added some broccoli on the side.


Hungry yet?

No comments:

Post a Comment