Monday, July 26, 2010

Scallops and more!

t's been a while since I've seen Ms. H. Life as a summer associate has put her out of reach for most of this summer.  Luckily we were able to get together for some cheese, dinner and dessert.

While waiting for Ms. H's arrival, I baked some of my favorite Betty Crocker cookies.

They are so delicious and require very little work.

And they come out golden brown and delicious!

Ms. H arrived with some Bauerkase Cheese imported from Austria.  Fancy stuff and it tasted pretty good.

The main course was Jumbo Sea Scallops that I purchased from Whole Foods.  It was my first time making scallops and I was quite nervous.  I added salt and pepper to both sides then placed them in a large pan with olive oil.

The key to scallops, now that I'm an expert, is to make sure you don't turn them over until they are well seared.  In this case that meant 3 minutes.

Look at that color!! I cooked it the same way on the other side and BAM, look what we have here.

I served the Scallops over a bed of string beans.  They were much better than the ones I ate at The Palm last week.  I boiled them for 3 -5 minutes then added them to the same pan I cooked the Scallops in which already had garlic and onions, butter and a splash of lemon juice.  I added salt, black pepper and red pepper.

Ms. H loved them so I think they were a success.

Like most seafood, scallops are pretty easy to make.  I'm feeling really good that I was able to make this meal.  It's probably time I up my cooking game to some more complex recipes.  Any suggestions let me know!

Hungry yet?

No comments:

Post a Comment