Saturday, May 22, 2010

Morning Smoothie

It's been a while since I've had a smoothie.  I went to the farmer's market earlier in the week so I had some fruit laying around.  I decided to try my hand at a kiwi-strawberry-mango smoothie.

Since it was just me, this recipe is for one tall glass.

2 heaping tablespoons of low fat vanilla yogurt
1/2 mango cut into long slivers
1 small kiwi cut into small pieces
5 medium to large strawberries cut into quarters
6 cubes of ice

Place the ingredients in the blender in the order they appear on the list.  Blend for 30 seconds or until you have a smooth consistency.  The smoothie looks a little like pepto bismol but I assure you it won't taste like it :-)

I added two slices of whole wheat bread with peanut butter and honey.

No comments:

Post a Comment