Thursday, April 22, 2010

Sushi Lunch


How lucky am I that Mr. G had some time to meet me for lunch today?!  We normally dine outside so we can soak up the sun, but it was a little chilly today so we decided to eat indoors.  Sushi is always a good bet for lunch because it's usually very quick.  Aoki was bustling during lunch but they had room for 2 at an alcove table that could probably have fit 6 or more.  They have a big colorful menu with lots of options.  We settled on the sushi roll lunch special.  I ordered miso soup, shrimp tempura roll, salmon cucumber roll and spicy tuna roll.

I'm usually not a big fan of spicy tuna because the consistency can be a llittle off, but I decided to give it a try anyway and boy was I thrilled!  The tuna was definitely spicy, but not overwhelming.  It didn't smell fishy and it tasted fresh.  

The salmon cucumber was very refreshing and tasted like it would be the perfect treat on a hot summer day.  

The shrimp tempura was smaller than most places.  They gave 4 rolls instead of 6, but that was a good thing.  

I finished it all and I was stuffed.  Hopefully I'll have room for dinner tonight!  Maybe someday I'll make sushi myself.

Aoki on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment